View Single Post

Old 08-21-2017, 10:00 PM

Liked 28,121 Times in 8,913 Posts

Dude, I carry a 442 left handed, in what would be appendix carry if I was right handed, but it's on the left side. It's hidden, easy to access, and safe. I like it. I've been carrying a gun for 30+ years. I've looked at a bunch of alternatives, and carried them all for a while. Picked this one. What's you beef with that? You're starting to sound like my grampa shouting at the neighbor's lawn . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednichols View Post
You didn't think through my post at all. The person pulling the trigger is not the wearer; remember this all came up because of a third party pulling the trigger? In my 'Schroedinger's (sp?) Cat' proposed experiment, 'we' will holster and someone else will pull the trigger. We'll use blanks :-).

Let's suppose my gunsmith has completely let me down. My thumb safety doesn't work, my grip safety doesn't work, and my pistol goes off. Same result: at 4:00 I will get a powder burn, you will be in hospital (hopefully) wishing you could change your bet!

Seriously, though, my post isn't about worrying for you all. I completely respect your right to make a choice. I just refuse to enable your bad choice and so I found a way to absolutely prevent it: my designs don't work in those positions. How about a little respect for 'walking the talk', eh?

What I DO wonder (I'm not 'shouting', it's just simpler than selecting to underline): if as I propose, a fully aware person, intellectually, does not take unnecessary risks, what has changed that belly carry has become necessary; that it, no other location will suffice?

Comments on that would be appreciated, rather than the 'seat belt defence' ('I drove cars for thirty years without seat belts and didn't die, I don't need them now'): personally I drove cars for thirty years without airbags without dying, which doesn't prove anything at all.

Last edited by Muss Muggins; 08-21-2017 at 10:02 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: