View Single Post

Old 08-22-2017, 01:04 AM

Liked 153 Times in 101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB3 View Post
This is a common platitude I take issue with. One can train to a very high skill level and with an inaccurate gun still be inadequate. When the equipment is all squared away, then it is all on the shooter.
THANK YOU!!! I'm getting sick of this cr@p as well. I shoot M&P's well in stock form but then I apex them and go from good to great. I think most people who say this kind of stuff don't have any experience with the products and either can't afford it and are pissy that others can, or are so set in their ways they see anything new as threatening. Its the same cr@p when someone will post a question about some new piece of gear and there's always that one post from the idiot who says "Don't bother, go spend your money on ammo and training" as if thats some kind of Obi-wan Kenobi jedi wisdom. Its not. Get over yourself. If some little accessory or do-dad is gonna make someone feel better about their shooting experience or make them more likely to train some more or have more pride in their gun... I say more power to em!!! and shame on anyone who would belittle that or try to talk down to them for wanting something different.

Sorry ScaryWoody, thats not all directed at you. Pent up aggression...need to go shooting

To the OP, the 2.0's were designed to improve the accuracy over the older ones a bit so the difference that you would see out of the APEX barrel wouldn't be as dramatic with the 2.0's as with the 1.0's in theory. The dwell time is not really a problem per-say but the issue that the APEX barrels seem to address in the 1.0's is that they stay tighter and flatter for a few milliseconds longer before it starts to tilt back giving the bullet a chance to fully exit before its thrown off trajectory. Milliseconds may not sound like much but compare to the cycle of the bullet firing the APEX barrel had something like 100 times more dwell time then the stock barrel. more than you need but....ya know. They addressed that with the 2.0 but its still not what you would call a match grade barrel. The APEX is still going to be an upgrade to the 2.0 because its got a much tighter lock up so shot to shot accuracy is going to be much better. The thing to remember with ultra tight fitting parts and super precision guns is that they are usually not as reliable. they'll drive tacks but a lot of the time are more picky about ammunition. I don't know that I would put an APEX barrel in a defense gun, in a target gun, HELL YEAH!

I haven't done any accuracy tests between my 1.0's and 2.0's yet so I can't say how much they've improved but both are more than accurate enough for defense purposes.

Last edited by Smakmauz; 08-22-2017 at 01:28 AM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: