View Single Post

Old 08-22-2017, 02:40 AM

Liked 20 Times in 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smakmauz View Post
To the OP, the 2.0's were designed to improve the accuracy over the older ones a bit so the difference that you would see out of the APEX barrel wouldn't be as dramatic with the 2.0's as with the 1.0's in theory. The dwell time is not really a problem per-say but the issue that the APEX barrels seem to address in the 1.0's is that they stay tighter and flatter for a few milliseconds longer before it starts to tilt back giving the bullet a chance to fully exit before its thrown off trajectory. Milliseconds may not sound like much but compare to the cycle of the bullet firing the APEX barrel had something like 100 times more dwell time then the stock barrel. more than you need but....ya know. They addressed that with the 2.0 but its still not what you would call a match grade barrel. The APEX is still going to be an upgrade to the 2.0 because its got a much tighter lock up so shot to shot accuracy is going to be much better. The thing to remember with ultra tight fitting parts and super precision guns is that they are usually not as reliable. they'll drive tacks but a lot of the time are more picky about ammunition. I don't know that I would put an APEX barrel in a defense gun, in a target gun, HELL YEAH!

I haven't done any accuracy tests between my 1.0's and 2.0's yet so I can't say how much they've improved but both are more than accurate enough for defense purposes.

Thanks for the replies everyone!