View Single Post

Old 08-22-2017, 04:18 PM
US Veteran

Liked 6,802 Times in 1,851 Posts

[quote=old&slow;139717269]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheOzone View Post

Is the problem with moon clips of ammo not wanting to fully drop into the cylinder ?? Some of the 45 acp brass I have is probably older than I am ,, plus I've been picking up range brass forever.

I had problems with moon clips of ammo not wanting to drop in when I was doing a speed load during a match. So I started gauging all my loaded rounds.. I was getting about a 25% + drop-out. Just slightly not going into the gauge.

They worked fine in my 1911's. But, when you tried to drop 6 of them in a revolver at one time,, they sometimes didn't go.. ( Just slightly off times six,, makes a bunch. )

Lee makes a pass thru die called a Bulge Buster , which resizes the whole brass.. Haven't had any problems with them not dropping in since.
( I use and like Ranch Product moon clips in all my 45 acp revolvers. I prefer other brands of moonclips for the 610 , 627 , & 929 )
This one of the reasons I decided to try the crimp. Because the case mouth is slightly depressed inward it's less likely catch on the end of the chamber when being inserted.
The Following User Likes This Post: