View Single Post

Old 08-23-2017, 08:25 PM
US Veteran

Liked 39,473 Times in 10,045 Posts

Hondo

I have got the 2nd model I recently purchase in hand. Kind of interesting. Excellent shape and retains very nice blue and all letters and markings very sharp, perfect screw heads etc. Extremely clean bore and chambers. Has not been reamed, inside chambers still dark blue and almost no wear on recoil shield or ejector rod. Don't think very many rounds been through this one. It does have a few small light scratches and minor dings here and there. Grip show very little wear but a few minor dings. Not perfect, but in great shape for a 100 year old revolver. I am a happy camper with this one.

Anyway the Markings. S&W .455. on Left side of barrel. 2 lines on top of barrel address and patent dates. crossed pennants on rear of cylinder face and on leftt side of frame where barrel goes through. Broad in and out of service arrows on yoke. On frame above grip a small arrow pointing up then under that some thing I can't make out possibly a crown then under that a E then under that II, S&W trade mark on side plated.
Nicely stamped on bottom of left grip is Holiver Seal. Serial number on butt, cylinder face, back of yoke and barrel is 56050. Inside yoke cut and on yoke is stamped 456 which I assume is an assemblers number. No other markings.

Did a search for Holiver Seal, but came up empty.

Pictures tomorrow when I get light box setup and pick up the sweet 5 screw 4" K22 that my FFL guy showed me when I picked this up.

Last edited by steelslaver; 08-23-2017 at 08:39 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: