View Single Post

Old 08-23-2017, 09:01 PM

Liked 2,994 Times in 883 Posts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdh View Post
How to loose a decades long loyal customer with one phone call.

I have carried a buck 110 since the 70s but no more. over the past couple years I have had to buy two new ones because my originals were lost due to disasters. I sent the first back for warranty repair after the tip snapped about 3/8" from the point. They charged me a blade replacement fee for a knife that was less than three months old. While waiting for the first to come back, and before i knew I would be required to pay the fee, I bought the second. About 1/2 of the tip snapped on it the third day I had it. I called customer service to ask what had changed to their blades that caused them to shed tips so easily. They said they had gotten a batch of blades that had been ground too thin. I said you sold known defective blades then charged me to replace the blade instead of covering it under warranty, he said yes. I asked if they were going to charge me to replace the blade on the now two week old one and was told if I sent it in and the blade needed to be replaced I WOULD BE CHARGED. The repaired one is sitting unused in the knife drawer out of fear it to will break. The second one is sitting on the desk, still broken and open, to remind me not to buy their **** again.
A reblade is quite cheap. As a life member of the Buck Collectors Club, Inc. I can honestly say I've never heard an account like the one above. If you're breaking the tip off a 110 perhaps you need a different blade design.

I would suggest you contact Jeff Hubbard, Manager of Quality and Warranty at Buck Knives and tell him what you've related here. I'll try and get him a link to this thread. You should be able to reach him by calling 800-326-2825, ext. 2.
BCCI Life Member #2068

Last edited by Richard Simmons; 08-23-2017 at 09:33 PM.
The Following User Likes This Post: