View Single Post

Old 08-24-2017, 01:12 PM

Liked 6,615 Times in 2,198 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smakmauz View Post
There's a thread from just last week here where the OP posted pics of 25yd testing of his 2.0 .45 with his home made ransom rest and that thing looked like it was shooting sub 1-1/2 groups. pretty damn accurate and much improved over the 1.0's.
I have an early production '08 FS M&P45 in DE w/thumb safety that shoots startlingly good groups, even when it had the older striker assembly and a heavier trigger. Out to 50yds it rivaled my accurate '05 Colt XSE Govt. That was with an assortment of a couple types of duty loads and ball.

Considering the acceptable +/- 2lb trigger pull tolerance spec in the standard "1.0" line (I haven't been to a 2.0 armorer class yet), it's not surprising that some guns might be capable of surprising accuracy, for a service-grade gun, than some others. I've certainly handled my fair share of Glocks of which that could be said, and the listed allowable tolerance spec difference in trigger pull mentioned in their classes, and the newest armorer manual, has as good bit of "wiggle room".

When I have the time to get back out to our range, I plan to try a couple of the newer 2.0's, just to get some hands-on. (They aren't on the CA roster for non-peace officers, so it's not like I'll be ordering one now that I no longer have a badge, so my 9 year old M&P 45 will probably have to do. 0