View Single Post

Old 08-24-2017, 01:44 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggernosis View Post
I was talking to a pistol instructor friend of mine where he advised me to not carry "+1" in my semi-autos. I've never had any trouble carrying +1 in my Sig P232 in hundreds of rounds through it.
Just wondering what the consensus was on whether to carry +1 or not.

An example:
For example, if your magazine is a 10-round magazine when crammed absolutely full, you've got 1 in the chamber and 10 in the magazine, for a total of 11 rounds.
He was saying to load the magazine full, insert it, chamber a round, and leave it be. So, in my above example the gun would be stoked with 10 rounds - 1 in the chamber and 9 remaining in the magazine.
The common "myth" if you will is that carrying a full magazine will eventually lead to wear on the spring that feeds the magazine. I have heard some say that that will cause future failure to load rounds through your mag, and some say that will cause no issues. I always carry my 16+1 full and consistently have no issues firing the entire magazine. If I ever do feel like the spring is weakening, I will buy a new mag... they are relatively cheap and that +1 bullet might be the one you end up needing the most.
The Following User Likes This Post: