View Single Post

Old 08-24-2017, 01:47 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrangler5 View Post
I'd sure try gonerydin's suggestion of more break-in shooting before giving up on the gun's function. While some people have zero defects from the first shot, these ARE mass produced products with tolerances which CAN stack the wrong way on the line.

Magazines that won't drop free do sound like a return-to-factory problem. But if a few hundred more rounds down the pipe will smooth out the working surfaces to where the gun is 100% on reliability, then that's one less thing for the factory to have to diagnose and fix, and you might not have to start over on the break-in when the gun comes back with properly functioning mags. (Of course, the factory may decide the mag well is out of spec and can only be fixed with a new gun, but that's a risk you run with any repair these days - I have a Shield 22 Compact back at the mothership whose mags won't stay IN unless you push 'em in a certain way, and the fact that they DO work normally if I reverse the mag catch has me thinking the frame is somehow just ever so slightly out of whack, and I fear the way they'll fix it is with a new gun. Oh well . . . )
Sorry for the double reply first off. This website doesn't seem to work well on mobile browser. To your point, I would really hope not to ever have a malfunction like this, especially 9 of them. I've never had a single malfunction with my glock. I know they can't be compared. But is it really fair to say "oh well shoot it some more and put those malfunctions behind you in the past. The gun might work then."

And to your second point, is it a bad thing if they replace the whole gun? The frame could be out of spec. Will that incur any charges if they deem the gun needs to be replaced?