View Single Post

Old 08-24-2017, 01:55 PM

Liked 12,670 Times in 3,374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
Some gun manufacturers do not list +1 in capacity, most do. Glock does not, not in their manual, not in any catalog. One of the big problems that Glock had was broken frame rails, it cost a deputy his life. If I carry a Glock I carry a round chambered, but do not carry with the magazine topped off. The stress on the gun is obvious when inserting the magazine, or racking the slide.../

/...So far Glocks are the only guns I have seen with this problem, for me 16 rounds compared to 15 rounds, or a broken gun when it is needed most is clear....
We can argue about what models and/or generations of Glocks may be affected by this.

However, there are other pistols out there where the magazine will not easily seat in the well when it is topped off and the slide is in battery. (This can include the 1911, when certain magazines are used)

Anytime a full magazine cannot be seated in the magazine well without having to hit it to get it to seat, it's a very bad thing as it makes the reload difficult and it increases the probability of the magazine not locking in place. +1 loading doesn't do you much good when the magazine falls out after the next shot is fired.