View Single Post

Old 08-24-2017, 09:34 PM

Liked 205 Times in 106 Posts

Apex indicated the trigger bar loop might need adjustment with the Forward Ser Sear used in the competition pistols. The duty sear shouldn't need the trigger bar loop adjusted. Of course you can adjust as you see fit.
My Apex DAEK is the only one sold for the Shield. My kit didn't reduce take up that I noticed, just smoothed everything out and made the break crisp.
I think there are a lot of misconceptions out there about the Apex kits. The duty kits aren't hair triggers or competition triggers. I don't think they change the timing. My Shield has an excellent trigger, the best in ANY duty pistol I've shot.
The people who have put in the Apex duty kits consistently express that its the best stirker trigger they've shot and they try to share with others.
People who haven't shot an Apex trigger say its too light, its a trick trigger with no pre travel, etc, etc, etc.
People who don't know and haven't shot it seem to have a long list of negatiives, but its all bunk. Don't put any stock in these expert opinions. A properly installed (which is easy) Apex duty kit will be the best trigger you've ever shot in a duty gun. If its not, Apex will work with you and make it right.
The money I spent on Apex was worth every penny.

Last edited by bsmiley; 08-24-2017 at 10:33 PM.