View Single Post

Old 08-24-2017, 11:17 PM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo44 View Post
Sal,

Thx. Are these cartridge marked on the barrel?
Jim, perhaps I was a bit long-winded in my prior post, however ... as posted ... the Triple lock #930 is NOT caliber marked nor are there any markings, what so ever, on the right or left barrel sides. Also, no serial number in the ejector rod recess area of the barrel where you would expect the SN to be but barrel appears original blue matching the rest of the finish on the revolver. On the top side of the barrel, it has a 2 line address, roll stamp, ending with the newest patent date of Feb '06.

the Mark II 2nd Model also has a 2 line barrel address on top, with the newest patent date of Feb '06, also. This one (Mark II 2nd, .455 HE 2nd) "is" marked "SMITH & WESSON .455" on the left side of the barrel. The entire scroll here (left side of barrel), phrased: "SMITH & WESSON .455" is not centered mid-barrel as might be expected, rather, it is much off centered toward the rear, ending up just a few millimeters before the barrel starts to flare wider.

Anything you need, Email me is best. I can get around to pix if you need just may take me a day or two to make time to photograph them.

Last edited by model3sw; 08-24-2017 at 11:22 PM. Reason: amended / expanded