View Single Post

Old 08-24-2017, 11:33 PM

Liked 117 Times in 55 Posts

I usually avoid posting in necrothreads, but this is one of the best 380 threads I've read.
I've owned 380's in the past...classics like the Browning 1910/55 and a couple others. Shot them enough to know that the 9mm does just about everything I need a pistol to do, things a 380 can't.
I did have a P3AT for special occasions, but it was my only 380 for a few years.
Then, the Israeli surplus Beretta 84's showed up at attractive prices. I always wanted an 84 or a Browning BDA when I was younger, but couldn't swing the price.
I ordered up a near new looking Beretta 84F from CDI sales, for $279.
It would just be a Range gun, I thought. Take it out a few times to try it out and experience the pistol I wanted so long ago...the maybe trade for something at the gun show.
A Range Trip changed that plan. I found that the 84F shot really well in my hand. Great instinctive pointing, and I can hit the 10" steel plates my club has, at absurd distances for a 380.
Thus, I often find myself grabbing the Beretta for ccw or HD use, even though I have other suitable choices.
My 84 has been 100% reliable, feeding all the popular JHP choices. For serious carry, I load with Underwood +P XTP. This load is sizzling in the longer barrel of the 84F, and gives excellent accuracy.
I still have the P3AT...it get FMJ standard loads.
The Following User Likes This Post: