View Single Post

Old 08-25-2017, 12:09 PM

Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts

Hi guys,

It has been a long time ago, how are you doing? Hope you are all fine.

It is some years ago that I started this thread/project.
After I finally got the gun it took serieus time engeneering the shroud. Milling it took months too. It was a side job, going wrong a couple of times with big commercial jobs in between. After that the smith needed his time to get the barrel in. He has no experience with this kind of work but is a serieus craftsman, he sure did a perfect job.
I got it back just a few months ago. It shoots good with almost anything but I want to test more. You might have read that already in another thread not long ago.

Now I only want to do my thing on the inside, getting it as smooth as my old gun. For most parts I have doubles, except for the hammer. This job will render the hammer in a far from original state. So I am looking for a stand-in to work on. I already mailed/called Numrich to sell me their scrap: I don't need a NIB hammer, one with a "bad tuning job" or totally worn will do fine. Numrich said no. Too much paperwork. If you have an idea to get my hands on a pre-mim pre-lock hammer for a floating firingpin, I'll be happy to hear.

But, for now:
Please find attached a picture of the result: 1450grams of .357!

Thanks to all who helped me to get this made!

Best regards, HP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 627 SW forum.jpg (93.8 KB, 58 views)
The Following 6 Users Like Post: