View Single Post

Old 08-25-2017, 01:38 PM

Liked 17,102 Times in 6,271 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mod57 View Post
Good insights and advise from all. Thanks very much. I am moving slowly on the carry issue to make sure it is a viable option for me. With the cost of training here in Illinois I want to get some opinions on the matter from those who do carry.
Going slowly is good. This is a serious issue and should be undertaken with serious intent.

Cost is a factor, but not the most important factor. Have you had a serious talk with yourself about your ability to kill someone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike campbell View Post
Consider the other extreme to concealing..."brandishing."
In CA there is no law concerning a momentary flash of a concealed gun nor is there anything about printing. Neither is there a "brandishing" law.

What we do have is CA Penal Code 417, "Every person who, except in self-defense, in the presence of any other person, draws or exhibits any firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, in a rude, angry, or threatening manner, or who in any manner, unlawfully uses a firearm in any fight or quarrel."

Note the absence of phrases like "waving around" or anything like that. What is does have is "rude, angry or threatening" and those are extremely vague terms. What's rude to you might not be rude to me.

So, here, printing or an inadvertent and brief display isn't illegal, but it all depends on the person who sees it and how they interpret the display. Therefore, check your own state laws and KNOW what they say.