View Single Post

Old 08-26-2017, 08:38 PM

Liked 665 Times in 281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walkingwolf View Post
My first time was like that, caught me completely off guard. I call it a light switch trigger, because it feels like flipping a light switch. Not forgiving at all, and not for people who can't keep their finger off the trigger until the right time.
People who cannot keep their finger off the trigger "until the right time" should not handle any firearm. I point it out to anyone that shoots around me that practices unsafe firearm handling by leaving a finger on the trigger when just handling the gun

As for me, I don't like striker fired for many reasons:

1) most are ugly. I mean come on I can't defend my life with a tool that isn't beautiful. What if a camera catches me defending myself? I want to look brilliant and amazing for having a beautiful firearm.

It's also kind of like my wrenches. I only have 24k gold plated wrenches and I display them. If I have to use them I am very careful not to scratch them as then they would be ugly and useless.

2) If you take a loaded striker-fired handgun and point it at your leg then pull the trigger it will shoot you! This happens to people and cops all the time. If I take a loaded revolver and point it at my leg and pull the trigger it would never shoot me as it's safer and the longer trigger pull will bounce the projectile off of my leg.

3) They are plastic and plastic breaks easy. Let's ignore the fact that a handgun made of quality polymer with properly hardened metals in the right places will far outlast a complete handgun made out of soft grade steel (and trust me most steel handguns have softer steel than you would think)

In all reality I enjoy my striker fired handguns and shoot them quite well but I get tired of the lame excuses. I've met many a person who never fired a Glock before and could pick one of mine up off a table and shoot it better than whatever handgun they have been carrying for years. If it doesn't fit your hand or you cannot shoot one well those are great reasons not to carry one but saying they are junk or unsafe is not an accurate statement.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5306.jpg (69.0 KB, 24 views)
The Following User Likes This Post: