View Single Post

Old 08-29-2017, 11:04 AM

Liked 7,079 Times in 3,002 Posts

Once many years ago I decided to do all my shotshell reloading for the year in one month. March in fact. I did end up with tennis elbow from running reloading presses. Ponsness Warrens. I loaded a bit over 80 cases. Cases not flats. Only 5 cases of 12 ga(for doubles shooting). It took over a year to get rid of that tennis elbow. So I made that conscious decision to buy a hydraulic drive setup..or two. It was the neatest thing,,,when it worked correctly. Which was most of the time. But it was a bit too finicky on the 410.So I sold it..and just decided to take my time loading. Heck they could turn out 500 shells an hour anyway. The bullet feeders for the Hornady are nowhere as good as the MBF in my opinion..and I have a Big Green bulletfeeder for 223 I don't use. I decided I didn't need a bullet feeder for any of my presses as, again, they load plenty of rounds per hour without them...and most won't do cast bullets as well anyway. I never tried these newpaint coated bullets in one though. Guess I'll put the RCBS feeder and that ammo plant on ebay or something. I did set the LnL I have in 45 Colt. I don't load as many of them anyway....Yesterday..I had someone call me about a couple of presses and some stuff they have for sale. So after visiting the doctor went and looked at them..2 complete Dillons in exc condition. a 550 and a 650. Bunch of brass included for 500 bucks. Fellow just wanted all that stuff out of his garage. So I had to buy them..I'll keep the 650..sell the 550. Unfortunately he had given all the powder and primers, bullets etc away
The Following User Likes This Post: