View Single Post

Old 08-30-2017, 09:37 AM

Liked 7,088 Times in 3,005 Posts

Just bought a 650 a few months ago with casefeeder...total cost if I bought a MBF with it would have been 1225 bucks. An ammo plant is approx. 1100 set up the same way. 125 bucks... lets say 150. Comparing the two shows something in real world facts. Quality on the MBF is truly much better than the Hornady feeder. I HAVE used both. As far as the case feeder. The shell plates interchange but the Dillon plates are smoother in operation as is the case feeder. The Hornady works but with a few hitches compared to the Dillon. I am certain the Hornady feeders... both case and bullet can be tweaked to be more reliable. I don't see even a couple hundred dollars as being a large difference in the long run... especially when one will be worth more than you paid if you decide to sell. Ease of use and reliability right out of the box IS a big factor too. BTW those free bullets aren't actually free either. Got to pay shipping. Hornady gives 'em to you as a kind of a bribe to get you to buy their product. Marketing is what they call it. Trying to attain a larger share of a limited market. Not saying Hornady's machine sucks but compare them side by side on the same bench equipped the same. You still end up with a somewhat inferior machine for a somewhat lower price. For under 150 bucks you get a better value with a better case feeder and a much better bullet feeder. What's the old saying? Emulation is the most sincere form of flattery. Hornady is trying
The Following User Likes This Post: