View Single Post

Old 08-30-2017, 12:18 PM

Liked 152 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arik
No there is no downside except a little money. My daily carry is used by 60% of US LEO, US military and police forces and armies around the world. Ruger can sell more but it's not used/tested/shot more. The simple act of purchase doesn't speak for anything other than money spent. Civilian sales don't necessarily mean anything, plenty of people here and elsewhere buy a gun a week
What is YOUR daily Carry? I don't know of any gun carried by 60% of US LEO, US military, and police forces and armies around the world. That's a pretty SWEEPING claim. How did you arrive at that 60% number? (CZ makes that sort of claim, but their claim seems to be based on the number of users, not the number of guns used.)

If you talk about guns actually issued to LEOs or military personnel, Berettas are probably the handgun most widely used by militaries around the world -- simply because the U.S. military must have over a million M9s on hand -- and other governments still use them. Glocks have only recently begun to be more-widely used by the U.S. military. Glocks and SIGs are used by militaries around the world, but the size of those militaries are relatively small.

On the other hand, the simple act of "government" purchase doesn't tell us much about the intrinsic value/worth of a gun, either. What's sold to U.S. Law Enforcement Agencies is as much based on PRICE as performance.

I would suspect that a LOT of Ruger's sales are for .22s, so their sales totals mean something different than the totals sales of SIG, Glock, or S&W. Nobody else seems to sell as many .22 long guns. (FN probably sells more center-fire long guns than any other gun maker, and their machine guns are used by MANY countries and especially by the U.S. military!)