View Single Post

Old 08-30-2017, 12:46 PM

Liked 3,495 Times in 1,485 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAINSMITH View Post
O.K. let me explain this one more time. My press will run faster than I can pull the handle. My case feeder will fill cases faster than I can pull the handle. My bullet feeder will fill bullets faster than I can pull the handle. So why would I want to pay 1/4 more for one of your "superior" presses? If I liked both Coke and Pepsi, and Pepsi cost $1.00 why would I pay $1.25 for Coke?

Now as far as "Marketing". Wouldn't you want to pay $11.00 for 500 bullets, or $13.00 for a calendar will a large chested gall on it?
I don't know how the customer service is on the Hornady. Maybe you can fill us in. I don't hate the Hornady presses or the company. I will say that if one shops around, he can get a used Dillon for a good price. I had a 650 with a lot of extras just about fall into my lap, for a song. I was missing a couple of little parts and called Dillon. They sent me an updated primer system and a few other things for free. Yes, I'm bragging on my good deal (I don't usually have that kind of luck) but also on Dillon's customer service. I do think that if in fact the Dillon presses cost a little more, in the long run, you get more than your initial extra cost in outstanding customer service. Having started out with a Dillon, way back with my first 450, they earned my continued business. BTW, I'm thrilled that you are happy with your Hornady.