View Single Post

Old 08-30-2017, 10:40 PM

Liked 152 Times in 97 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muss Muggins
And you know those participants are SEALS how? . . .
They're members of the M4CarbineNet forum, known there by name. They're considered topic/area experts on that forum. Their preference for a Glock over a P228 plays no real role in this discussion except to show that SEALS do have access to Glocks. Their use of a Glock tells us little about the role handguns play in military combat, how frequently LEOs really fire their weapons, or whether Glocks are truly more "combat-tested" than a number of other handguns, including Berettas or SIGs.

As for the SEAL I talked with, he was the engaged to a woman I worked with some years back; they later married. I have also talked, from time to time, with a fellow who was been a civilian trainer with Special Ops troops at Ft. Bragg, here in NC. He knows a lot about what weapons are used by those troops and how and when they are used -- as he trains these very specialized troops about the best ways to use them and helps them improve their skills. (He also ran some classes for our IDPA club members several years ago. Great instructor!)

So your point is?