View Single Post

Old 08-31-2017, 07:42 PM

Liked 1,015 Times in 391 Posts

I have used the Lee Classic press for several years and have run countless rounds through it. The only problem that I have experienced is that the turret would not fully index to the next station. Fortunately, the instruction manual gives simple instructions to correct the problem. Reloading is an enjoyable and rewarding hobby that will enable you to enjoy shooting all the more.
Other items needed might be an extension tube for the powered measure to allow it to clear the priming tool. I would recommend the Pro powder measure rather than the base measure. You should invest in a power scale to verify your power charges. Do not trust that the powder measure is correct, it measures by volume rather than weight. A bullet puller is a necessity because, you will make mistakes. A good caliper will be needed for measuring cases and completed cartridges. I recommend carbide pistol dies to eliminate lubricating cases. You will need case lube for your rifle cases. As others have stated, you must get a good loading manual. Lyman makes an excellent manual with plenty of information for the beginning reloader. There always seems to be something that will make the process easier or quicker. Study your manual, be safe, and have fun!
The Following 2 Users Like Post: