View Single Post

Old 09-01-2017, 01:12 AM

Liked 523 Times in 249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxshield View Post
Exactly, one handles a gun 365 times a year at a bare minimum, load/unload, in and out of holster and many other times. All Have potential for an accident or a brain fart.

Didn't always think that, was up the mountains in the woods one day and had my 9c in a Fobus paddle holster. The rivets on the holster were irritating my side. Removed the 9c from holster to adjust and tripped. Gun fell from hand as I tried to catch myself.

Now, I know the 9c is drop safe and should have let it drop, but the natural inclination is to try to catch anything that you drop, which is what I did, snagged the trigger and gun fired into ground

Been carrying daily since 1980, even at home, and always handle any weapon only in the basement surrounded by 20,000 miles of dirt. Still do that but with either Shield 9, 45 or 9c with safety. From 1988 until 2014, carry gun was a G19 or G26.

When gun is carried daily, safety is snapped off when holstered and on before removing. It's a no brainer now in my book, especially with the Shield safety, it's like it's not even there
No offense but you could have avoided the situation altogether if you had a real holster and not that **** Fobus paddle. That's a range holster at best.
The Following User Likes This Post: