View Single Post

Old 09-01-2017, 09:54 PM

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I just found this site and registered. I see there are others that are fans of the Model 59.

I bought mine in the mid to late 70's. My original box says it was May of 1978. Oh my! It is now my conceal carry weapon. I love it. It fits nicely and well hidden in my crossbreed super-tuck holster. Most of the time I forget I am wearing it, even when I am sitting.

I have all the original parts. I must have run close to 800 rounds through it, but not more than that.

being old and not as good vision as I once had and my hands not as sure, I am extremely happy that I can center mass all my rounds at 30 feet on a 12x12 target so I feel very comfortable with my 59.

So the question was asked about what the 59 is worth. It's worth my life. I trust it. I have had 2 jams since I have had the 59 and all I had to do was pull the slide back and manually eject it. I carry my second mag concealed for a total of 29 rounds on me. So yes, it is worth my life. After almost 40 years I have just now replaced my mag springs with original but new S&W springs. The compression of my original 40 year old springs were about Half of the new springs. What a monster of a gun... I won't leave home without it.