View Single Post

Old 09-02-2017, 10:07 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 5,194 Times in 722 Posts

The condolences are greatly appreciated. I have been collecting Smith and Wesson autos for quite some time now, and have shot thousands of rounds of ammo through them. I now have over 20 first second and third gen guns and I can count on one hand the malfunctions I've had. I've shot reloads, Brown Bear, aluminum cased, brass cased, hot and underpowered ammo and have never had a catastrophic failure. 1 or 2 failure to ejects, and maybe 2 or 3 failures to feed.

Then I get this pistol to finally satisfy my need for a shooter and a looker, in a caliber that is seeing huge discounts/salad days and with 8 mags, thought this competitive pistol was going to run like a top. The first four shots were pretty much through the same hole on the target. The accuracy was top notch, and I fear I may never get to enjoy this pistol. Money isn't a big deal to me, I can always sell other assets or make more money. What I won't be able to do, is find another one of these...

I'm hoping with enough persistence, patience, and trust, (and probably $$$) I'll find a resolution that gets this gun back on the clock. Sucks I have to stew over this the whole holiday weekend... It would have been a lot tougher day if not for the mint original 12-3 two inch I found in the used gun case and bought before I went out to shoot. This range NEVER has a good used Smith and Wesson in the used case. The range officer and owner did offer to write up a witness statement, and paid for my range time as well as my SO's. The sympathy was strong.

SVT28
The Following 11 Users Like Post: