View Single Post

Old 09-03-2017, 05:18 PM
SWCA Member

Liked 5,194 Times in 722 Posts

Nice! 52 posts before someone mentioned a "cheap ammo" comment. Silverstate, is there anything in my photos or experience that confirm its the ammo's fault for this? What is your definition of "cheap ammo"?

This ammo per round cost is more expensive than imported, steel cased, or reloads so its not the cheapest 40S&W out there from a financial aspect. As far as the quality of ammo is concerned, this is Federal/CCI factory loaded ammunition. Aluminum cased ammo has been sold on the consumer market for decades and I can't find a single ammo failure that would have caused this damage on the internet. Not saying its never happened, just that the likelihood that a split casing cracking a performance center barrel with no prior flaws etc the way that it did is very unlikely. If it was a bullet setback or crimping issue, then this can happen with any factory loaded ammo. I just got done reading about overcharges, undercharges, bullet setback with other brands like Perfecta, Aguila, Magtech etc. Is there a magical brand out there that is immune to manfacturer defects that you suggest I use moving forward?

Thanks again for the kind words, just wanted to get a better understanding on where you are coming from.

SVT28
The Following 7 Users Like Post: