View Single Post

Old 09-05-2017, 10:57 AM

Liked 1,653 Times in 809 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiroc View Post
I'm going against the tide here and suggest that letting any newbie decide what is best is not the way to go.

As an example, my wife accompanied me to a LGS recently and just loved a Kimber .380 because of the color of the frame! Semi-autos, especially the smaller ones, can be susceptible to malfunction due to limp wristing and should be avoided.

A DA only (no exposed hammer) J frame is without a doubt the best choice for purse or pocket carry. Let her learn to love it. Giving your wife the best tool for the job is far more important than getting her one she likes for whatever reason.

Just my opinion,

digiroc

Shoot Well My Friends
Not really.

First gun my wife bought was a Rossi 352, she found she had difficulty hitting the target. One time picking up my Star Super it was the gun for her. She has bought, and carried several since. Usually preferring one of my old ugly guns. I am nervous with her depending on a gun older than I am. Yea they work, but they have a lot of mileage.

She prefers semi autos, no sense pushing a revolver on her. Not sure I buy the bloody web though, somebody is not teaching them how to shoot properly. My wife has shot a PA-63 known for it's punishing recoil with no blood, and she carried that gun afterwards.

To be confident with a gun the woman has to be confident with the gun. If not she will not carry, shoving a J frame on them will only sit in a safe, or a drawer if that is not what they want.