Thread: EDC Lesson
View Single Post

Old 09-06-2017, 12:55 AM
US Veteran

Liked 2,660 Times in 1,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old cop View Post
I stopped to gas up my car mid afternoon today when I saw a young guy walking across the lot watching me closely. No other cars or people were around (no station attendant in sight) and I kept an eye on his progress as he got closer. While I can't articulate it I believe he was sizing me up. I look like an easy mark, past 70 and handicapped. My 340PD was in my L/F pocket so I slid my hand on it trying to look casual. He gave me a wide berth but kept looking over his shoulder at me and checking to see if anyone else was watching us. Needing both hands to finish I shifted the gun under my shirt, appendix, with my back to him, and got back in the car. He was still looking at me as I drove away. Maybe I'm just a paranoid old retiree and nothing was going to go down, but I was really glad to be carrying. Lesson - If you can legally carry do so all the time, not selectively when you think you might need to.
And the young kid is thinking why is that old man looking at me and watching my every move ..

You may have looked every bit the same as he looked to you !!
The Following User Likes This Post: