View Single Post

Old 09-06-2017, 05:12 PM

Liked 1,475 Times in 601 Posts

One of the first thing I do is get the Wilson Combat complete spring kit. Not the best , but all complete and of very good quality. There is so much that comes into play as far as a trigger job, the hammer, sear, trigger and even the pins and if they are drilled correctly in the frame. Also the trigger bow and the slot in the frame it goes into must be massaged. The hammer hooks and sear angles are very critical, too much and you'll get creep, too little or at a bad angle and it get a dangerous condition. I did a great trigger job on a on a lower end 1911, it did feel great for about 1200 rounds, than the softness of the parts came into play. I do commend you for taking on this task. With a little time and patience you could get a great trigger on the $400 1911. Also adjusting the sear spring and the extractor is an art in it's self. Go a little at a time and keep testing with each little bend.Once you get the relatively easy trigger down, it will be time start the barrel and bushing, then slide to frame fit. An inexpensive gun is a great canvas to start with,as long as the holes are aligned properly.
The Following User Likes This Post: