View Single Post

Old 09-06-2017, 09:12 PM

Liked 3,247 Times in 1,007 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister X View Post
The smallest semi-auto I currently own is a Glock 26. I will occasionally carry the Glock in place of a snub, but I can't see it ever replacing it. My primary reason for opting to go with an auto is significant additional capacity. I feel like I get that with the G26. I haven't shown much interest in guns like the Shield or Glock 43 because they have as large a footprint and are actually heavier than my snubs without offering a substantial enough round count increase to compensate for trading away the revolvers advantages.

I do have somewhat of a passing interest in very small, light autos that have an equivalent capacity as my J's, but are significantly smaller as well as lighter. I'm not overly enthusiastic about .380, but could see it filling a niche in certain instances since such small guns can go places and be carried in methods where even an airweight snub might be considered too large. The only problem is I haven't come across a model that has the reliability reputation that I'd like to see.
Neck Chain Holster: Stellar Rigs' Travel-Friendly Carry Design
I have some different small .380's. I don't feel like any one brand has a reputation for reliability. The cartridge power is low enough and the manufacturing tolerances are wide enough, some individual pistols are very reliable, some not. Can't pick by brand.

My LCP I - Gen 2 stainless (2 of them) have been flawless. My LCP I - Gen 2 blued, not so much. I've seen some say their LCP stainless have been perfect and others say they have issues. I have two late model Glock 42's. Love how they shoot, but they're not reliable enough to carry. Other people with late model Glock 42's never have had an issue. Seen the same story with Taurus TCP's and Kel-Tec P3AT's.

I think there are super reliable .380's, but it's based on individual pistols, not a specific brand.

Last edited by Ziggy2525; 09-06-2017 at 09:14 PM.