View Single Post

Old 09-07-2017, 12:30 AM

Liked 4,377 Times in 1,654 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by colt_saa View Post
I am in a similar situation right now.

I am moving from two locations totaling over 3000 sq feet with no garage to one location over 2000 square feet but with a garage.

We have no cold in Florida, but we do have humidity and the new location is at the Inter-coastal waterway, so there is a high salt content in that humidity

My presses and dies will be stored indoors, but the projectiles and brass has to go in the garage.

I have always put my tumbled brass in large plastic pretzel/candy/snack jars like the kind you get at the Wholesale Clubs, and I have LOTS of brass. Probably 15+ of these jars

These will go on large storage racking and will have no problems with the humidity

I also have LOTS of projectiles on hand. Here is one of the two small racks in my old location

For these, I purchased many 50 caliber ammo cans. These will keep the moisture out of the projectiles way. These are also going to be stored on the racking in the garage.

BTW, a 50 cal can with 4000, 357 Magnum JHP projectiles in it weighs over 70 pounds
Love .50 cans, also .30 cal cans are nice for lead (1750 140 grain bullets weigh 35 pounds). 20mm for lighter stuff. Eight similar cans and four boards make a useful shelf. Bags of desiccant if you don't live in the desert.

Last edited by TomkinsSP; 09-07-2017 at 12:34 AM.