View Single Post

Old 09-08-2017, 09:26 PM

Liked 3,535 Times in 1,770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter991 View Post
Yes all testing done with m193. The stuff everyone buys for cheap. I should also say that apartment style life is another concern. Not just those who own a house. Huge liability. And our test with #4 shot was the best of the bunch. I agree with you that there are probably rounds like you mention that perform better. But your average joe probably won't be using them due to cost and availability. If you use an AR as your only or primary gun for SD, you have to understand. Being a handgunner mostly for my entire life I would not attempt to shot a fmj 9mm in my house for SD. But I see it a lot, someone gets their CCw and buy a box of Winchester white box. AR velocities are just to high not to expect some major penetration.
You are making your argument on the cheapest rifle ammunition available and claiming the rifle shooters won't use anything else due to cost and availability. Yet you claim you wouldn't use FMJ 9mm in a house while assuming a rifle shooter wouldn't use anything else. Many of the posters on this forum use boutique 9mm ammunition that cost $2/ea and is not readily available at mom and pop stores. Why would rifle shooters be any different? People buy a tremendous amount of ammunition on the Internet from thousands of dealers around the country.

It is the high velocities of AR ammunition that limit penetration because the bullets come apart and fragment.
The Following User Likes This Post: