Thread: Gary Coopers RM
View Single Post

Old 09-10-2017, 04:52 AM
SWCA Member
Absent Comrade

Liked 4,671 Times in 1,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by opoefc View Post
I may have posted this background info elsewhere on the Forum, but as mentioned above. my friend, Ken Craig, and I were tipped off by a friend at Kerr's gun shop in Hollywood that they were going to be receiving Gary's guns from his widow, Rocky Cooper. I contacted Rocky and got the list of guns being consigned and when the Reg. Mag came in , Ken bought it and turned it over to me for resale to a S&WCA collector. Ray Brazille, acting as agent for Ray Cheely, bought the gun from me. I had gathered a package of related paper items, photos and magazines, etc. and marked the holster "Cooper" to identify it from the other Arvo Ojala holster & rigs I had, as it was not a .357 Mag marked holster. Argo had made it using a .44 cal.marked N Frame holster. My "deal" with Ray Cheely was that if he ever decided to sell it, I would get first right of refusal. Unfortunately, after Ray's demise, Sheryl Cheely , not knowing about my arrangement with Ray, sold the gun to another member of the S&WCA, who I believe sold it to Chad. I don't know who bought it today, but I know who ran up the bid! Ed.
Ed, When I grow up, I want to be like you !

Last edited by model3sw; 09-10-2017 at 05:37 AM.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: