Thread: model 59
View Single Post

Old 09-10-2017, 10:00 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
"Do you know what's a really bloody miserable car to drive? A 1963 split-window 427 Corvette. Just awful! Power steering and brakes was optional. You had to crank up the windows yourself. No traction control, no ABS. And the gas mileage is miserable! I much prefer my Prius!"

This is what I hear when people complain about the 59. And thank God! If more folks had the good sense to appreciate the original first-generation wundernines, they probably couldn't be had for such a great price.

They're accurate, and generally pretty reliable. In double-action, the trigger is very long and somewhat heavy, but realistically, you'd be a fool to choose a 59 for carry purposes (they lack a firing pin block, and a 3rd-gen can be had for just a smidge more).

Of course they're not as refined as a gun that (still) costs twice as much and has an entirely different fire control design, or a pistol made 12 years after their introduction. If you have $500-$600 to spend on a pistol, and just want the best thing you can get, get something else.

But if you're looking for the best damn thing you can get for about $275, or if you really appreciate old, cool stuff, the 59 can't be beat.
Ha Ha, I have one of those bloody miserable cars it's just in the form of a 67 Pontiac Firebird. The reason I was asking for info on the 59 was that I was talking to a friend of mine about guns and he mentioned that he had one from when he was a leo back in the 70's still has box paperwork and even the original sales reciept. I don't think he plans to sell it, and I didn't ask. I just never seen one before and he peaked my interest when he mentioned it. I would however like to see that range report!! Thanks to all............Mark