View Single Post

Old 09-10-2017, 12:12 PM

Liked 272 Times in 173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geezer with an AR View Post
When I took my Sport II to the range and it was a max 25yds I thought no problem with my iron sights,I was wrong.As you can tell from my acct name I'm an old guy(73) and 25 yds is to long for accurate shots.I have read a lot on magnifiers behind a red dot,but what I understand it's fairly heavy and I would like to avoid excess weight.So,you guys with older eyes or problems with your eyes,what do you use or recommend.I will probably never shoot over 100 yds,probably mostly the 25 yd range and home defense.Probably for home the red dot would be ideal,but would like to shoot a little longer.
I'm 72 and found that with astigmatism, red dots are like grape clusters, so I avoid them.
The Vortex prism scope is an etched reticle, so there's no problem with distortion. If you only want out to 100 yards, look at the Vortex Spitfire 1X prism scope. It's a dot with a circle around it, for fast acquisition and good out to 100 yards on man sized targets, but works very well on close-up shots too. I use the 3X version, because I like to shoot at smaller targets, out to 200 yards.