View Single Post

Old 09-10-2017, 01:44 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exclamation Need Info. On S&W 4006 (40 Cal.) Special Ejector Bar Modifications,(Prevent(Breakage)

Hello Gunsmiths..!! I have a 4006 that has never been fired Yet. I was told by a Calif. Hwy. Patrol Motorcycle Officer that a " Special Grind to the Ejector Bar , would Prevent Breaking the Ejector Bar as The Magazine is Inserted..".( as Officers had Experienced Breakage / Damage....rendering the Gun Useless...) Probably Because the Magazine was Slammed in Too Hard, or Fast... Therefore...the Police Gunsmith had made up or set aside Special Ejector Bars that were Ground to Prevent This From Happening....I tried to contact the Station's Gunsmith Dept. , but Couldn't get any Positive Info. So, I am Seeking Any Background Info. on the Remedy...if anyone Else has Heard Anything About this , or Know how or Where to Modify This to Prevent Any Breakage...I even Contacted Smith and Wesson...and They weren't aware of any Ejector Bar- Magazine insertion Damages....Please Respond if You can Help...or Point me in the right Direction...( Has Anyone ever Heard About this Situation...??

Last edited by Bill Watson; 09-10-2017 at 01:48 PM.