View Single Post

Old 09-11-2017, 01:13 PM

Liked 1,364 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipoc View Post
I've never seen a mod like this on a Colt V spring action before.

Wasn't exactly sure what it accomplished at first, but I would have to guess that it somehow makes trigger reset faster, as that is the common complaint about Colts in competition. Very interesting gun though.

I like modified guns. They were meant to be used, like they were intended. Use them they did, these modified guns. So the history and performance of them attracts me.

However, they are usually permanently modified, and therefore I don't place premium values on any of them. Unless you get a renowned figure's modified piece. Everything else is just sweet shooters to me.

Since this thread started out about Farrant cut grip frames, I will say those guns are viewed at lesser value to me. You have to consider numerous gunsmiths over the last multiple decades have probably modified guns to fit Farrant grips. So clinging to the fact Fuzzy did it himself is quite a long shot. Iron clad provenance would be needed that Fuzzy did the work to add any premiums, and even then it's still highly subjective per person. As in an actual Fuzzy cut grip frame just isn't that desirable to me.

Just always remember things are highly subjective when it comes to firearms. So pursue what you love and there shouldn't be any problems.
The Following 3 Users Like Post: