View Single Post

Old 09-11-2017, 02:52 PM

Liked 5,549 Times in 1,153 Posts

I have little desire to letter a post war gun unless it has some distinguishing features such as an odd barrel length, etc. But when it comes to pre war guns, especially earlier pre war ones, I'm more tempted to letter one. I have this fear I'll sell one to purchase another I want more and the one I sold ends up lettering to D.B. Wesson or someone else of gun fame. I have a 3rd model 44 Special that was found stored away in a Fort Worth, Tx storage locker since around 1974. I'm pretty confident it'll letter to W&K since the folks who found it also found family letters that the family had been in Texas many years and the grandfather or great grandfather fought in the Indian wars. But deep down I think it still needs a letter. You just never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmansguns View Post
The Banjor Punta box is not a fake but the label is on upside down which may not be a biggy but enough so that I am curious.
From what I've read on the forum the label is correct if it is readable with the box lying on its lid. The guns were stacked in their boxes with the lid side down. That way if the box was grabbed out of the S&W safe or dealers shelf the gun and bottom of box wouldn't drop out of your hand and onto the floor.

Last edited by jsfricks; 09-11-2017 at 02:53 PM.
The Following 5 Users Like Post: