View Single Post

Old 09-12-2017, 08:49 AM

Liked 25,748 Times in 8,702 Posts

I bought one about 15 years ago sitting on the shelf in a LGS going out of business. He just cleaned out the store's safe and put the last of what was in there on display for sale. It was unfired (except for testing at Factory) and in 100% pristine condition. It was marked $250 but the owner of the shop said to me as I was looking at it, "yea I know.... no one wants those damned old fashioned Revolvers any more". I looked at him without saying a word and he said "buy it now and you can have it for $175". My wallet came out faster than Paladin's Colt! When he handed the gun to me he said "I have another one with a longer barrel - should I bring it out"? He did but I felt so guilty I gave my friend who was with me the opportunity to buy it and unfortunately for me - he did! NOS also - and same price!

My point here is I looked for one over many years and gun shows but when I was not even trying, one (two) just popped up! That's how it seems to happen for me

I would suspect if you want one sooner than later you might try the usual places like GB, GA, LGS's, Shows, etc. or place an add here in the Wanted Section. I'd also advise looking at the Bulletin Board (if there is one) at your Shooting Range or Club. We have several at my Club and there is always something that catches my attention. many guys just walk right buy it and never understand what Gems can be found there.

As far as price - depends what venue you score it in. A private owner might save you money over a LGS or website seller.
The Following User Likes This Post: