Thread: Clone optics
View Single Post

Old 09-12-2017, 10:57 AM

Liked 19,897 Times in 8,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Cop View Post
There's an urge to equip your SHTF carbine with the best available red dot sight. I have an Eotech on my go to AR (I'm not worried about its sub zero temperature performance).

The fact is that I'm on social security and my tier One operator days are long over, if they ever were. The point is that I will not be in harms way unless it comes to me.

Let your financial situation and tactical needs determine your choice in optics.

Since when.......... IIRC you make twice yearly incursions into enemy territory.......... Browns fans can be brutal if they catch a Steeler fan crossing state lines .....especially after last weekend!!!!! It will take a Tier 1 operator........ to infiltrate the the Bunch Bunker in 10 days.......and make it back to Pa......

If you have a "go to" AR or Mini-14 ......if you can afford the extra hundred or so; get an optic that you can count on......no need to go overboard..... Aimpoint PRO is "good enough" with only 30,000 hours of battery life vs 50,000 on the new gen 4 stuff. Eotch.... not sure I understand the issues well enough to comment...........but I doubt anyone over 50 really "needs" a $1500 night vision ready red dot............. "want" that's enough matter!!!!

Last edited by BAM-BAM; 09-12-2017 at 10:59 AM.