View Single Post

Old 09-12-2017, 08:35 PM

Liked 7 Times in 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerSan69 View Post
I was a cop assigned to Denver Int'l Airport for almost 17 years. I was a trainer for several of those years, so I was privy to rules changes, etc. I can tell you there is no uniformity between airlines or airports when it comes to checked-in firearms. None. Some want to see it. Some don't. Some tape the tag on the gun box. Some put it in the gun box. And so on.
TSA does things according to the environment they're given. In other words, if their equipment is stashed behind closed doors not in a public area, your bag goes but you don't. If it's across the way from the ticket counter behind a screen, then you might go with it. Their rules are flexible enough that they can fit what they do almost anywhere. And really, what lock you put on your gun box is up to you. Never heard of any rule except you had to keep the key with you and not put it in the same bag as he gun.
TSA doesn't always go by their own rules. I was given a hard time going to Maine by TSA pricks who stole my fishing plairs. When I was leaving Maine I left those same pliars in my wader jacket. A TSA agent found the plairs told me to stand bacn. When he came back he told me he put the pliars in my checked bag. When I got home, they were in my bag. While most TSA/ agents are jerks, a few are decent people.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Like Post: