View Single Post

Old 09-13-2017, 09:24 AM

Liked 1,210 Times in 366 Posts

I think that revolvers still have a place and aren't going anywhere but also believe that most people, especially those new to shooting, wanting a concealed carry handgun will choose a semi-auto. The reasons are many and have been repeated often.

I love my revolvers but for EDC, I prefer my SIG P938 over my S&W J frame. The SIG is flatter and just easier for me to conceal in my pocket carry holster. The same is true of carrying an extra magazine with six rounds as opposed to a speedloader with five or fumbling with a speed strip. The SIG has better sights and they are night sights to boot. The SIG is flawless (1800 + rounds with nary a hiccup) and super accurate. I can shoot it as well as my full size handguns out to fifteen yards. I could never do that with my J frame. I enjoy shooting 50-100 rounds at the range with the P938. I can't say that for the J frame unless I am using some of my own very light loaded reloads. Lastly, I like 1911's and the P938 is much like a mini 1911.

All of that said, my main range gun is my S&W 617. I visit the indoor range where I am a member about twice and week and when I look at what others are shooting or bringing to their concealed carry class, there just aren't many revolvers.

Last edited by prairieviper; 09-13-2017 at 09:28 AM.