Thread: 45 Shield Mags
View Single Post

Old 09-13-2017, 11:00 AM

Liked 1,472 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkelly27 View Post
It's always the persons fault and never the design. You people must all be liberals. I think I'm done with this site.
It's unfortunate that you've had a bad experience here. The Forum generally is an excellent place to learn stuff, but some of the responses to your post have been unusually unhelpful. That's not the norm for the Forum, and I can understand why you're unhappy.

Regarding the 7-rounder reassembly problem, I've found a simple way to deal with the protruding tabs that does not involve either disassembling and starting over, or manipulating the floorplate catch through the floorplate hole. Lay the magazine on its side. Grip the magazine firmly. Take a flat bottomed punch or a flat blade screwdriver, push the top of the tab as far to the back edge of the magazine as you can, and let it go. The tab will snap forward fairly violently, and will disappear down into the floorplate so fast you can't see it happen. It sometimes takes more than one attempt, but it works for me every time.

As to those who have never had a problem with protruding tabs when reassembling your 7-rounders, I am humbled and awed by your superiority!