View Single Post

Old 09-13-2017, 11:46 AM

Liked 1,364 Times in 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddshooter View Post
I like the way several posters suggested getting something unusual and special. Maybe a lifetime kind of purchase.

If so, I can not recommend the Colt Diamondback 22 lr highly enough.

I have several and I can say that they equal or exceed my Colt Pythons. The bluing is the very best. A deep blue that almost looks wet.
The fit and finish is the finest Colt produced. The triggers are clean and break like a glass rod. The grips are beautiful. Accuracy is outstanding !

If you handle one, you will fall in love.
This will become your show and tell; as well as your fondle gun.

You get what you pay for. This gun will go from $1500 to $2000 for a nice example. It will only increase in value. But you will never sell it.

Prescut
I'm a Colt guy through and through. If I thought a Diamondback 22 was worth $1500-$2000 I would have one. But I don't, and instead I own a 17-4. Besides the obvious action difference, which by the way I absolutely love the V spring actions, I highly doubt the DB's performance or build quality is any better than the 17.

If Diamondback prices were realistic, then I wouldn't stop recommending them, but the prices of "snakes" nowadays is simply not worth what they are, at least to me. Colt's quality wasn't that exceptional, as I could probably guess when your DB was made by the "wet" bluing comment.

To each their own though and enjoy your DBs. They are a good option but many will avoid them just like me due to price.
The Following User Likes This Post: