View Single Post

Old 09-13-2017, 11:47 AM
SWCA Member

Liked 9,960 Times in 3,660 Posts

I decided I'd like to talk about prices which are "too high". That's a fairly simple concept, but what does it really mean? The next thing I decided was it means the price is more than one WANTS to pay. There are myriad reasons why that may be the case, but we'll keep this simple; and mention only two. The first is the article in question (the merchandise) is a piece of junk, and we wouldn't carry it home if it was given to us. That reason is so basic---so simple, it's not worth talking about. So we won't.

The other reason is we value the possession of our money more than we value the possession of the merchandise----and THAT makes my teeth hurt. Money is something to use, not something to possess. Now, I grant you possession of money gives one a warm fuzzy feeling because it diminishes the fear of the unknown (What's going to happen tomorrow?).

My answer to that question is: Who cares? Push come to shove, each and every one of us in this society is going to get some more money tomorrow. We're going to get it because we earned it, or our investments earned it, or it's going to be given to us. It seems unlikely there are many occupants of this hive who function with money that's given to us, so we don't have to talk about that anymore. So we won't---again.

Money is something to use---not to have.

The End. And while I hope and dream "The End." means that's the last time I feel compelled to run my mouth about this, I know better. But if you should happen to see me scowling and shaking my head, you'll know why.

Ralph Tremaine

Last edited by rct269; 09-13-2017 at 11:49 AM.
The Following 4 Users Like Post: