View Single Post

Old 09-13-2017, 01:24 PM

Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jejb View Post
But it's hardly "in the middle". It's grown to almost the same specs as the FS, at least in length. And probably pretty close in height.

I get what their goal is with making it a G19 imitator. But just wish they had not abandoned their Compact customers.
I should have clarified better. In the middle of capacity and height. I now see it is 5" in height. The M&P 9c (1.0) is 4.3" and the FS M&P 2.0 is 5.5".

Barrel length being 4" is a bonus to accuracy (hopefully). At .7" taller than the 9c 1.0 and .5" shorter than the M&P FS 9 2.0 it's a winner for me.

Feels irrelevant to mention but for aesthetics I hate the way the 9c looks with a FS magazine and the 2.0 compact seems to fix that for me.

With the Shield so popular, and the 2.0 Compact I'm leaning toward they will bring something out (maybe not as quick as we all would like) that speaks to people looking for a true "compact" or double stack "subcompact" depending on what perspectives are in the terminology.

Either way I'll never give up my 1.0. And if the sales are right I won't beable to stop myself from purchasing another.