View Single Post

Old 09-13-2017, 05:52 PM

Liked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiregrassguy View Post
Tat, you are comparing apples to oranges. Your .32-20 K frame is larger than the .32 Reg. Police targets. What it weighs is typical of the K frame 6" barrel guns. The 4" barrel guns weigh 30 oz.

If the gun is being stored in the holster, don't. That might be why I see so much surface rust. You need to soak that for a day or two in auto trans fluid, Kroil or some other good penetrating oil, then take some brass or copper wool and go over the finish to remove the rust. Alternately, Blue Wonder Cleaner (available at a LGS or online) will remove the rust without affecting the remaining finish.

<David posted while I was ponderously typing.>

Terrific advice, I'll definitely clean it up asap and leave it out of the holster, which by the way, needs some tlc. The stitching is coming apart. not sure if I should fix that or leave as a feature?

The "rust" you see over the S&W trademark seems eerily like a bloody fingerprint. I really want to get this into a condition of feeling safe to fire the handgun. I think the old rounds I have should be preserved, I have new 32-20 115 grain long rounds I purchased recently. Is this the correct ammo.? I've had so-called gun shop personnel say it is. I had one knucklead actually sell me 32 Auto ammo. that was supposedely suitable to fire in it! Will it work ok? Is it similar to a .22 short versus long cartridge application?