View Single Post

Old 09-15-2017, 09:20 AM
Absent Comrade

Liked 13,354 Times in 5,549 Posts

Well the stronger revolver in 357 magnum? Good question.

Back in the mid 70's the m19 was rumored to shoot itself apart with magnum loads. The screws come loose in any revolver that has them I don't care what brand I been there done that.

I was testing my stout reloads when I first started reloading in the mid 70's. Magnum full house loads in 125gr jhp. Through 158gr jhp I tried them all in my colt Python and ruger security six/ police service six. Both revolvers held up well. But there made from quality steels. I feel there is a difference.

The ruger Redhawk in 357 magnum to me is on the top of the heap for shooting many magnum rounds out of it. The ruger security six models in 357 is a close second. I still like the colt Python. But for a ccw magnum revolver I'd go with a ruger gp100 with the 2 3/4" barrel. I've owned and shot my police service six in 357 mag since '76. Never a problem. I'm not a snubbie guy too. My next choice would be a s&w m28 or m27 if you want a smith & Wesson. I remember seeing the Leo's packing the bigger N frame years ago. It's your choice.
The Following User Likes This Post: