View Single Post

Old 09-15-2017, 04:22 PM

Liked 349 Times in 161 Posts

Hello all! Personally, i do not think that the CCW revolver is dead. Proof to that, the few manufacturers that have been making such, still do. Who do they sell to if the trend is dead? on the other hand, the single stack 9mm has gained popularity as a CCW, but IMHO, not in the expence of the snubbies, but in the expence of the bigger double stack pistols that are out there, and certain people are pulling away from for obvious reasons. And lets not forget, that the single stack 9mm is not ground breaking news. they have existed all along, with much better speciments that those available today, (S&W 3913 -3914 and all their dao versions come to mind). I believe, it is rather the reliability of the offered ammunition these days, that makes small pistols good CCW candidates. Just like the semiautomatic shotguns in the past and their malfunction suffering. I see half a century old remington 1100 and browning Auto 5 operate better now with cheap shells, than they did with good shells 20 years ago. That said, I thing the revolver is not going anywhere. But I have been wrong before! LOL! :-)
The Following User Likes This Post: