View Single Post

Old 09-17-2017, 10:20 AM

Liked 17,161 Times in 2,909 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
Now I'd like to have one of those, for the same reason as the OP. Same hero even.

I'm also a child of "Combat." I've got the entire series, all six seasons I think it is on DVD. Unlike most TV shows from my childhood, it holds up quite well. Of course they seem to never run out of ammo, and if they got a Purple Heart for ever wound they'd sink the boat on the way home. No problem. They'd be back next week just as good as new.

I've also got the full set of "12 O'Clock High." That one IMHO didn't hold up as well. The year (with Robert Lansing as General Savage) or two did, but the plots quickly went downhill towards the end. Still worth watching however.
I watched one episode on You Tube yesterday hoping it wouldn't seem lame to me now. It was excellent. Here it is below. Because the show was in b&w at first, mixing actual German WW2 action footage blended in well here.
I bought the entire series box set of The Wild Wild West. This held real well because it was so campy in the first place. For those who haven't seen Combat!, here's a taste of it...

The Following User Likes This Post: